Reloading for 264 Win Mag

M7025-06

Beginner
Jun 28, 2014
Need a little advice...

A buddy of mine wants me to help him work up some loads for his 264 WM. He's dead-set on using 100 gr. TTSX's. After digging through some data on-line, I'm thinking about trying some H-4831sc to start since I have a fairly good stock and it's easy to find around here.

This is my first venture into reloading for a belted mag. Is there anything special I need to pay attention to as far as this round is concerned (kind of a vague question...I know)? I guess I'm just looking for a few pointers when it comes to this round.

PM me with your email and I will send you a bunch of data results I have.
Tips. Seat the bullets deep. They shoot more accurately. Load to max speeds since they 1) tend to shoot more accurate the faster you push them and 2) terminal performance is better. Also be sure you super clean the barrel after shooting reg jacketed bullet and before shooting the Barnes bullets. That means wipe-out followed by sweets 7.62 or Barnes CR10 or such.
That is the bullet I use in my 264win mag and it works very well. Shot a Barbados sheep and bang flop. Also shot hogs.
Use Barnes data with Barnes bullets.

My load Mag Pro 74.4grs---3664FPS --SD 15 and a very small group. 26" barrel.--Data from the powder manufactures site for this bullet. I have other loads also.

I also have data on loads with Nosler, Swift bullets if interested.

Man, I've never loaded below 130's in my 264 but those would have to be a laser beam.

Divernhunter":1cdv1w9h said:
PM me with your email and I will send you a bunch of data results I have.
Tips. Seat the bullets deep. They shoot more accurately. Load to max speeds since they 1) tend to shoot more accurate the faster you push them and 2) terminal performance is better. Also be sure you super clean the barrel after shooting reg jacketed bullet and before shooting the Barnes bullets. That means wipe-out followed by sweets 7.62 or Barnes CR10 or such.
That is the bullet I use in my 264win mag and it works very well. Shot a Barbados sheep and bang flop. Also shot hogs.
Use Barnes data with Barnes bullets.

My load Mag Pro 74.4grs---3664FPS --SD 15 and a very small group. 26" barrel.--Data from the powder manufactures site for this bullet. I have other loads also.

I also have data on loads with Nosler, Swift bullets if interested.

PM incoming.

Thanks Diver.

SJB358":3n9mqabs said:
Man, I've never loaded below 130's in my 264 but those would have to be a laser beam.

I agree. He's not all that worried about getting top end velocity, but my previous experience with anything Barnes is you gotta push em hard so this might be an interesting ordeal.

Does the belt on the case present any different challenges from a non-belted case?

None, set up your dies to headspace off the shoulder. They will last a long time.

SJB358":wlzb56q1 said:
None, set up your dies to headspace off the shoulder. They will last a long time.
Good deal. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Big shout out to Divernhunter for the pile of load data. Thanks again.

I was looking through some old data and found this old target with Reloader 22.
cef390f6b100ddca81a8dc12c6e4f9c4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A lot of people have a "love/hate" relationship with the older ReLoder powders, and especially RL22. That particular powder has always worked well for me in a variety of cartridges. That is a fine target, Alderman, matching what I usually witnessed with RL22.

Back