Rifle scope rodeo

longwinters

Handloader
Oct 10, 2004
End of last month I ordered the Minox 3.5x15 BDC from Camera Land. Open box price. A day later I got a note that they were out of stock. So I waited until yesterday and gave Doug a call to see what the status was as I am getting a bit ansy (understatement) about shooting the new 223. Doug told me that they could not get any more but would give me a new/unopened scope for the same price. Now I gotta give him credit for being willing to go that way...but as my luck would have it they were out of them too. :shock: as they are moving scopes out like water over the dam.

So being the patient kind of guy I am, not prone to impulse :wink: , I ordered a Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14-44 with the 800 Z-Plex. which was shipped out same day-today.

I then took the Kahles 3x9-42 TDS off of the 280 and put on the 223 (will be 99% target and coyote gun). When the Conquest gets here I will then put that on the 280 (which should be a good fit). Especially with a planned antelope hunt next fall.

Now I just have to wait til Friday to get out at the range to do a bit of sighting in and load development.

It makes one feel exhausted.

Long

You were winning whichever way you went. Good move on your part.

You're going to love it, for sure! Enjoy the new rifle and the new scope.

I personally think that you are getting a better scope with the Zeiss Conquest then the Minox, just my opinion. I do like my 2-10x40 Minox and time will tell how well it holds up against my Conquest scope. I just put my Conquest 2-8x32 on my 9.3x74R because I think that this scope will handle the recoil better than my Minox would.

I also have a 3-9x42 Kahles as well and it is a very sharp and contrasty scope which is worth much more than I paid for it. Presently, it is on my .30-06 Model 70. Formerly, it was on my .338 Federal until recently when I put a 1.5-5x30 VX-3 Leupold on that rifle.

I also have a 3-9x42 Kahles as well and it is a very sharp and contrasty scope which is worth much more than I paid for it.

I have four Kahles scopes. Each is exceptionally clear and was a bargain when I bought them. Prices have gone up considerably in the past several years, however.

I have two Kahles scopes, having a 3.5-10x50 as well. As I said before, if I had realized that they were going to breakaway from Swarovski, I would have bought several more of their scopes. Now they are quite pricey and I can not afford them on retirement wages. However, I am certainly thankful to have the two Kahles scopes which I do have.

Long,

Well done buddy. Its a good game plan.
You should do well with the song dogs this winter.

JD338

You can't loose either way with that set up :) My nephew place the same Zeiss as yours on his 7mm mag. he has forgot about all other scopes :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

Back