Sons only complant about new model 48

mkcj

Beginner
Jul 6, 2011
My son was the first of the 2 of us to use the new model 48 in 26 Nosler on his just completed Moose hunt (we both have 1). First thing I need to say is he is in love with this rifle, the only complaint he has is the bolt does not lock and when he shoulders the rifle over his left shoulder the bolt opens sometimes from coming in contact with his Eberlestock pack. Other than that from the range to the field this rifle far surpasses his expectations.

Talk to Shawn Finley at Nosler. I'm sure he can help resolve the problem.

JD338

Or just sling it on the other shoulder....or carry it in the eberlestock pack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to say they moved away from the 3 position safety that locked the bolt to the 2 position that doesn't.

I preferred my original 3 position that locked it....but the replacement 2 position has a much better pull= so it's kind of a wash for me.

I have the same issue with both of mine. I constantly check the safety as well. Have to be careful walking through the thick stuff.

...funny how 4 generations managed to unload rifles w/ blind magazines like the '03, M98, Enfield, MN's, early M70's & 700/721/722/725 that had to have the safety 'OFF' & all the shells cycled thru the action & lived thru it. The 'bolt open on safe' was a Remington innovation touted by 'gun writers' as the next 'sliced bread' & became somewhat of an industry 'standard', when, really it was 'designed' to distract attention away from the problems & law suits based on the original M700 trigger design & its failures. Admitting the design was faulty would have opened up Remington to a number of 'wrongful death' suits, so they 'manufactured' this new 'safety' process, which just exacerbated the problem, instead of fixing it. There are quite a few '3-position' or bolt release designs out there, be nice if Nosler would incorporate one...

Back