Winter range 22

Very cool to see!
Beautiful country you have there.

JD338

We are at the base of the hill to the right of the photo. Very blessed.
I just drove by the same pasture, this time with my spotting scope but the elk had moved.

Oh my. That's a batch of them. Very neat to see them herded up like that. Beautiful scene.

I'm faintly seeing some things that looks like loops at the back of the darker field that I'm assuming is pasture? Is that some sort of irrigator or what am I seeing there?

If I’m looking at what you’re seeing, yes pivot irrigation. The farmers grow a lot of Alfalfa in this valley. Catherine had to run an errand going south west out of town yesterday. She found this herd about 3 miles from the house.

Attachments

• EC839549-71C6-4B09-8380-3212B9EEAD96.jpeg
    EC839549-71C6-4B09-8380-3212B9EEAD96.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 10
Wow. I'm a far cry from the west so know little about it, but that has to be a sizeable herd I'd think by any standard. Just had some elk steak this past week. Buddy of mine that I helped with his rifle, went out west and killed one and gave us some steaks. Nothing wrong with that at all. Good stuff. (y)

Wow. I'm a far cry from the west so know little about it, but that has to be a sizeable herd I'd think by any standard. Just had some elk steak this past week. Buddy of mine that I helped with his rifle, went out west and killed one and gave us some steaks. Nothing wrong with that at all. Good stuff. (y)
You are not mistaken, sir. I've seen some larger, but I've seen a lot more with fewer.

I don't know the hunter, friend of a friend kind of thing, but this bull came from our county, state record archery. Good genetics in those herds.

What a brute. Even a novice on elk such as myself can look at that picture for a full minute and everywhere I look remain impressed. He seems to have it all.

Back