224 Valkyrie

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
I know there are some 22 Nosler guys here but I picked up a 224 Valkyrie a few months ago. I did a ten shot load work up but I haven’t had a chance to put them on paper.. I was long overdue.

Anyhow, I was pretty happy with the gun yesterday. I used RL17 and it works for about 2950’ish with the 75 grain ELD M’s. Can’t wait to try the 88’s next.

Pretty darned fun rifle though and pretty zippy for a 20” barrel.

Looking good Scotty.
I had the 22 Nosler out late this afternoon for a rezero from the 64 gr BSB to the 55 gr Varmageddon ahead of 32.5 grs CFE223. I'm gearing up for coyotes.

JD338

Looks to have been a solid acquisition, Scotty. I'm kinda liking those twenty-twos, and that one is showing itself to be a shooter.

Here’s my speed sheet

Here is the loaded cartridge. Pretty neat little sucker with the 75 ELDs.

And here are a couple stuffed into the magazine

Mike, it’s a pretty fun little rifle. Should be a demon on predators. It’s kinda fun to monkey with the ARs some. Nice change of pace and they are pretty fun to shoot.

I dislike finding my brass but I kinda cheap out with the ARs and buy Starline for them. It works and is plenty serviceable.

Jim, do you have any loaded mag pics to compare with your 22 Nosler?

Looks like it wants to shoot! I was seriously considering building another AR in the 22V,. I even went to the shop to pick up a lower, but somehow came home with a Rem 700 in 22-250.. :roll:

Back