Nosler Custom Rifle Featured

NOSLER

Handloader
Sep 23, 2004
Nosler's new custom rifle is featured in the lastest issue of Rifle magazine

If you don't have a subscription, go to a newstand and pick it up.

Features include

John Barsness hunt
Chub Eastman at the range

Pretty good stuff!

Thanks to the guys at Rifle!

I read those articles first. Then I went through the rest of the magazine. I think if you count pages rifles based on the M99 action got the most attention (Serengeti article and CZ M03 article). You guys did get the cover though.

jim

Until you play with the rifle, pictures are not all they are cracked up to be. The photos also show 2 different scopes, the "real" scope is a VXIII 2.5-8.

The phones have been a ringin! I think we are up to the 60's or 70's after that article. Most of them will be sold at the SCI, FNAWS, NRA shows.

Nosler,

I haven't found how the breeching is handled, or any discussion of gas handling from a case rupture. How are those two items handled in your design?

Looking at the Sako M75 kaboom, these two items are of more interest. ;)

thanks...jim

Totally understandable.

The Nosler Rifle will have 7 gas ports for expelled gas.

3 on the side 4 on the bottom.

NOSLER":3qhy8kbr said:
The Nosler Rifle will have 7 gas ports for expelled gas.

3 on the side 4 on the bottom.

Nosler,

Thanks for responding.

I was asking about the breeching details because the photos available so far (Rifle) show a bolt nose and locking lugs that would permit most of the case surrounded by the barrel, depending on just how the breeching is designed. What butts against what on installing the barrel?

If there is a major rupture and release of gas, where does your design route it? What about gas coming back through the bolt body?

Does Nosler have one of those nice colored drawings of the action internals to post? ;)

I am working on an article for the ideal hunting action, and I would like to keep your offering in the hunt.

thanks again...jim

I certainly don't mean to offend, but that rifle is a bit spendy for Joe Hunter. I know it takes some real dinero to put out a semi custom rifle, and to maintain your standard of quality, it's just way out of range of the average shooter/hunter. Are there any plans in the works for a common man's rifle? I'd feel real guilty spending that kind of money on a rifle, rather than my family.

Don
(a workin' stiff)

Back