2007 Safari Club International

MX Racer":1dib9b03 said:
Show opens today, anyone know what the 07 NCR caliber is going to be yet :?:

What I've heard is that Nosler isn't releasing a new NCR each year necessarily. In 05 (Series 1) it was the 300wsm, in 06 (Series 2) it was the 280 Ackley Improved but from what I have been told they are continuing in 07 with the 280 Ackley Improved & not sure when or what the next caliber (Series 3) will be in the NCR.

This is what I was told by the people at Nosler if I understood them correctly which is why I'm a little confused by the other post talking about the 2007 NCR and them announcing the new rifle at the SCI show this past week or this weekend :?: :?: :?:

I cruised the Nosler booth at SCI, and the Nosler Custom Rifle there was a .280 Ackley, plus they were handing out .280 Ackley Nosler brass (quantity 1). No mention of the next cartridge...jim

Jim, you are correct that each rifle is a new series, not a new year. An example is "Series one 300wsm" "Series two 280AI".

The series three rifle will be a 270 Winchester.

Nosler3,

Thanks for the update and the correction on terminology: series would make more sense than year I expect.

Also the .270 Win is an excellent choice, although I have only owned one for 15 minutes in my life -- but that is another story. ;)

jim

Fifteen minutes? That does sound like a story. I must admit that for what ever reason i am very interested in hearing about this one.

Back