2009 Hunting Pictures

Cassity260,

A fine look buck. Growing up in Kansas, I never saw a deer. It is great to see such a fine specimen now and to know that Kansas has become a premier destination for deer hunters.

killdeernow,

That is a good looking buck. Withdrawal is difficult. However, now is the time to tune up the load and to punch paper for the fun of it!

Tuning up for the NM hunt (previously posted). One Randy Anderson video and you'll be out calling Coyotes too. I used the Primos LiL’ Dog and called in 3 that day. Ran out of pics in my top of line disposable camera so I don't have a pic of the third. I shot them using my 223 WSSM with 55 Grain CT ballistic tips.

ColumbusDay2009_1.jpg

ColumbusDay2009_2.jpg

Looks like that super short punched those dogs quite well. Coyote hunting is a hoot.

Already posted in the hunting forum..... My kid is already asking when we're going hunting again.... :grin:

Myself, My Dad & my Son
Nov_21_09_a-1.jpg

For the good people at Nosler:

6pt bull I shot on the Montana opener this year:

TheBullDown.jpg

180 NP recovered from the bull... started at 2,985 fps, hit bull at 200 yards... penetrated about three feet of elk cross-wise and was found under the off shoulder against the skin. Did I mention I love Nosler bullets?

PS, will move to Bend, OR for Nosler sales job :)

180NP.jpg

Brad

Nicely done (as usual) :wink:
Perfect bullet performance for sure.

JD338

Brad,

That is a fine elk you took. The Partition performed as it should have. These are a couple of great pictures. Consequently, did you have a long haul out with the meat?

Spent a couple days hunting in ky, saw just a couple deer along the road but did manage to sling some lead. Took these couple dogs on back to back mornings
kypics001.jpg

As far as deer hunting here in wv I managed to take a 2.5 yo 15" 8 pt at 340 yards, a nd does at 725, and 523 yards, weather was really not fit for picyure taking in the field so sorry no photo's to post.
opening morning of bear season found me on top the mountain with my browning reproduction of a win model 71 carbine chambered in the old 348 win cartridge. slipping through a thicket at daylight in a snowstorm I saw something bedded up, as I shouldered the lever gun it moved and saw a coyote stand up, the 200 gr silvertip double lunged her.

Later in the morning the dogs were walking a bear, he wouldn't climb and when he crossed the road all the dogs were out and we had no fresh ones to put on the track, when he turned to fight the dogs at the old road, from 20 paces away I sent another 200 gr through both shoulders, he folded and never moved.
predator002.jpg

Deer hunting yesterday I spent the afternoon teaching a new guy about long range shooting, a deer came out at 1210 yards, he said it was way to far for him but wanted to see how you got dialed in on one that far.
Well we sat there and I explained the situation best I could, we had a light variable breeze LtoR, at our position, directly in front of us, between us and the deer was a wide open hollow and you could see the wind picked up a bunch in the hollow.
I explained how to use spotter shots to make sure you were on target before putting the rifle on the deer.

10 yards right of the deer was a small clump of dead weeds, that was my POA, I made my best guess and fired, bullet struck 2-3 MOA right of the clump, so I dialed 2 MOA left wind, fired, 1 MOA right, fired, 5" right

The guy was watching through the 15X minox's with amazement seeing the accubonds impact at 1200 yards, though he couldn't get over the 1.5 second time of flight. I dialed 2 more clicks left wind and asked him, what will happen the next shot? he said its a dead deer, I've saw enough to know that......The shot wasn't taken, we packed up and moved to a spot that would offer 650-850 yard shots, he got to take a couple but just couldn't connect due to making little mistakes, he hooked though!

Thats my season so far
RR

Sounds like a great season. The 348 is a fine cartridge, and the Model 71 is just right for the cartridge. Congratulations on a fine season so far.

caribouhunter,

You need to remove the final period in your url to permit proper linkage.

That is a great buck that you took. Your wife's buck is not bad either. It is really great that your daughter has taken two with her crossbow. I still have to take a buck with my crossbow. Maybe next year. Congratulations to your family on some fine deer and some great memories.

Coyote with the .358 Winchester Hawkeye
11-21-09358Yote11.jpg

2.5yr old 10pt with a Marlin 336 .35 Remington
P1010641.jpg

Big old nanny doe with the Encore 205x50 muzzleloader
Pics001.jpg

Long shots on all of them, my marksmanship skills were tested to the max. Coyote at 12yds, Muzzleloader doe at 35yds, 10pt buck at 42yds, I also killed a doe with a crossbow at 29yds.

Outstanding, another person that doesn't go out undergunned for coyotes. You're part of the Nosler Over-Gunned Club. POP was the first member as he took pronghorn with a 416WBY, I've taken a coyote with a 375RUM, a badger with my 300RUM, and a small CA blacktail with my 338RUM and now we have you. Im's sure there are others, I just don't know who and the specifics. Good shooting

Glad to be a member of the club! I am never one to be undergunned, 9 out of 10 dead deer agree that you should always go heavy. I have also been know to kill coyotes with a .300 Weatherby and 165gr bullets, just in case you know. Sounds like POP is the president and you are the VP of the Over Gunned Club, I don't have the kind of horespower you guys do so I will try some smaller stuff, maybe squirrels with the Weatherby, that should put me in better standing. :D

JD338 has to be in it as well, I would think.

HeathSexton":1lk5pal8 said:
Glad to be a member of the club! I am never one to be undergunned, 9 out of 10 dead deer agree that you should always go heavy. I have also been know to kill coyotes with a .300 Weatherby and 165gr bullets, just in case you know. Sounds like POP is the president and you are the VP of the Over Gunned Club, I don't have the kind of horespower you guys do so I will try some smaller stuff, maybe squirrels with the Weatherby, that should put me in better standing. :D

JD338 has to be in it as well, I would think.

Heath,

Congratulations on your Over gunned season.

Yea, I am a member too. 338 RUM on a Black Bear at 30', 2 WT deer and a Mule deer under 50 yds. :lol:

JD338

Heath,

Congratulations on some fine "long range" shooting. You had a great season.

Thanks guys, it was a real good year. I had limited time to hunt because of football playoffs again, not that I am complaining. :)

JD, youare in the club and you are obviously an office holder.

Back