2009 Hunting Pictures

I agree that the impala looks nicer--more regal. The warthog looks more like a street brawler, whilst the impala looks like ... an impala (which is pretty impressive).

My 2009 6x3 Mule Deer.

Hardest Buck to drag out in my life. Shot him once through the shoulder at 200 yards with a 180 Hornady Interlock out of my 30-06.

Deerhunter2.jpg

Good looking buck. Yeah, ya' gotta' love those Model 70s! :grin: As an aside, Hornady makes a surprisingly accurate bullet that is available at a very modest price. Much as I enjoy Nosler bullets, I'm grateful we live in a time when the availability of multiple bullets to meet every demand can be taken from granted. Again, good looking buck. I have no doubt that he was a worthy opponent.

Yeah Dr. Mike I too have had amazingly good success with Hornady bullets especially in Standard calibers. They seem to do a great job and shoot pretty straight and on several occasions I can say the same for Sierra and Speer. This 30-06 may have to go into the coffin with me when I am gone, I love it that much. Old Reliable is what she's came to be known as.

That buck was regressing as you may have seen from all the gray on his muzzle. He would've been something had I ran into him in 06 or 07 I believe. Not that he's anything to be ashamed of. He tasted amazing and made a great memory, one of my favorite hunting stories. :wink:

You know I have shot a few decent bucks 25" and bigger across but this buck being as it was such an adventure and such a great memory is going to be hanging on the wall a long time after I quit caring about those bigger bucks just for the fact that he was something different and truly special. And being as the winter of 2009 was so prosperous (pun intended) I am glad I didn't settle for the forked horn I saw just before this one, I wouldn't have had enough meat to make it through the winter. :mrgreen:

Nice buck indeed! A guy has to hunt pretty hard to find many good bucks like that in Oregon anymore.

Nice moose Craig. If you get a chance tell us a little about the hunt. Scotty

Congratulations Craig!

I'm a bit jealous, we have moose here in Washington, but drawing a tag for the hunt has proven difficult...

Congratulations Craig on a very nice Bull :wink:, I would think that he was might fine tasting (y).
Thank you for the photo!

Blessings,
Dan

Back