2009 Hunting Pictures

That is a fine-looking moose. He looks to have been in great shape. Congratulations!

Pretty dang kool there Enfield man. Always wanted to take a bullwinkle with my bow. And that there bullwinkle is a nice one for sure.

Bow looks like an old early - mid 90's PSE still rocking and rolling!!

Thanks for sharing.

Rod

Awesome Moose Enfield man. I am envious. That is a great picture and a fine looking moose! Scotty

Mike, that is a great story about your daughter.

That was the sixth bull to drop from a shot from that pse nova bow set @ 72 lbs . Calling these things in during the rut has been addicting ride every season. 8)

Wow, that is awesome. SIX bull moose with a bow! I cannot even imagine that kind of adrenaline. Plus, the moose meat is excellent too! Scotty

Calling these things in during the rut has been addicting ride every season.

It is a rush, to be sure. There are few sights as awe inspiring as a big bull moose coming to a call during full rut. They inspire some interesting responses. I read of an NFL line backer that stood up and immediately fainted when a big bull came into the clearing where his guide had placed him. The same guide told of a CFL linesman that jacked five rounds through his rifle and then swore that he shot the beast five times, until it was pointed out that all the cartridges were lying on the ground at his feet.

Had one moose come out of the willows like a drunken cowboy busting through the saloon doors. When he finally saw me he realized i was not his competition but his undoing with a bow. :lol:

Here is last year's buck, not a monster, but decent. I tried a skull mount, not sure I like it as much as a shoulder mount, but alot cheaper.

145.jpg

148.jpg

and one with a pop can for comparision.

149.jpg

JT.

Looks like a pretty decent whitetail to me. Nothing wrong with that bad boy! :grin:

Joe, if you need an American to come up to Canada and survey your whitetails and make sure they are okay to hunt, I would take one for the team and come up there to "check" stuff out for you! That is a great 4x4 where I come from. Scotty

MCSEAL, that is an awesome WT! Wow, what a trophy buck! Congrats on him. Hope your Fall is going well this year. Scotty

Thanks all

Fall is going good, got my first muley earlier this fall, not a giant but a decent buck. Plus I just got another trail cam pic of the whitetail I'm after this year. I don't think he'll match last year's due to short brows and G4's, but he's an old mature buck with split brows and lots of character.

mcseal2":12pqvnww said:
2009 whitetail. 7mm Rem mag 140gr AccuBond at 225yds. Shot quartered through deer and broke offside shoulder. 180" gross & 168 net B&C

Nice buck man!!!!!!!!!!

DF,

Some great looking animals. I confess that I like the warthog best, maybe because I loved Pumba in "The Lion King." See, my grandchildren have contributed to my education. Nevertheless, those are some fine trophies and undoubtedly are great memories for you. Thank you for sharing.

DrMike":3op2spqv said:
DF,

Some great looking animals. I confess that I like the warthog best, maybe because I loved Pumba in "The Lion King." See, my grandchildren have contributed to my education. Nevertheless, those are some fine trophies and undoubtedly are great memories for you. Thank you for sharing.
Pumba was also my favorite character in the Lion King. The movie was one of my daughter's favorite growing up and we had watched it countless of times. The impala however looks nicer on the wall.

DSC00981.jpg

DSC00986.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

Back