2009 Hunting Pictures

Ground squirrels with a .300 Win mag & 150 gr soft points at ridiculous velocity? Does that count? :grin:

BTW Heath - that's a good looking Marlin & buck, and congrats on your hunting season.

Chased elk to the top of the mountain but never caught up to them. Beautiful day though.

019.jpg

Looking to the east from up on top.

018.jpg

Jeffs first Mule deer buck. 150 yards facing straight on. 6mm Remington & 90 gr. E-tip! (What a bullet.)

Jeffsdeer003.jpg

This is how you pack them out. Single wheel "Critter Cart" (my dad makes them) with breaks. Two guys can take a small bull or cow out on it WHOLE!

Jeffsdeer004.jpg

'Atta boy, Jeff. Way to go. It is always a wonderful view from the top of the mountain.

6mm Remington

Congratulations to your son, Jeff! That is outstanding and the expression on his face says it all! Nicely done 6mm Remington. :grin:

Beautiful country you have there too. Thanks for sharing.

JD338

6mm,

Great pix & thanks for sharing. Way to go for Jeff too. Did ya tell em to pack some surgical gloves or babywipes for the next time he guts a critter..? :lol:

Rod

nodak7mm":3sza3gkc said:
6mm,

Great pix & thanks for sharing. Way to go for Jeff too. Did ya tell em to pack some surgical gloves or babywipes for the next time he guts a critter..? :lol:

Rod

He had a bunch of baby wipes in his pack to clean up with, but this is kind of how it happened. When he shot his antelope I let him dress her out, but he being the independant one thought I was giving him too much instruction. Have you ever heard, I know what I"m doing dad. So...............after he shot his buck and he was dead, I left him on his own and headed about 3/4 of a mile or so back to the truck for the game cart. He was on his own!! By the time I got back, the buck was still not dressed out although he made some good progress, but he was not even close to being done. Now it was okay for dad to assist with advise and even help just a little to get it all finished up. :lol:

I'm not quite sure Rod, but I think besides my son being independant he is also just a wee bit on the stubborn side. :shock: I suggested he might take the wipes out first next time before his hands got dirty and open the zip-lock bag BEFORE he started dressing his animal. :idea: That way you have them handy and you don't get a mess all over the bag and the other wipes. I'm trying Rod..........

6mm,

All to familar around my house too and I figured there was a story behind it as well..

Hey, the only way to learn is to make mistakes and of course PARENTS DONT KNOW NOTHING.... Hah!! Priceless, eh?

Rod

I dunno.....the boy still got a big WHITE Grin! Guess thats all that matters!! Well done to both of you!! CL

Thanks cloverleaf. He was pretty proud of himself and with his shooting, which he should be. He made two really good shots, one on each animal. Can't ask for any more. He did remind me that he thought he was getting to be a pretty good shot though..... :wink:

Those are some great pictures. Can't wait for the 2010 pictures! Turkey season is approaching! Scotty

Awesome shot. That is a girl that will have to keep the young fellers at bay and will know how to take care of it if they get outta hand! Scotty

Oh, that is a hog of a buck also!

Thanks,that season will always be my favorite one for a long time to come.

Until next season. She'll soon be giving you pointers, and you'll gladly take them from her.

hope she takes the old man hunting and fishing.

I still remember when my middle daughter asked me to take her fishing for salmon for her sixteenth birthday. She was a better fisherman than most of the fellows I knew. We had a great time staying in a cabin on Chilliwack Lake and fishing the Chilliwack River for three days. She caught some nice fish.

As we were driving home, she said, "I can't do this any more, Dad."

"What do you mean?" I queried.

"Well," she began, "I'm a lady now and I can't be getting dirty like this." Man, I was devastated. However, she still likes to talk about those days. She went on to become a surgeon. Talk about getting dirty...

She offered to "sell" me all her gear (which I had supplied over the previous ten years). "What will you do if you change your mind?" I asked.

"Oh," she responded, "I know my Daddy. He'll always lend me what I need to go fishing with him."

Rotten little kid. I tell you, the memories are priceless, now.

Back