2015 Hunting Pictures

Pretty darn cool! Looks like a lot of fun. From what I understand they sure need to eradicate those critters with the amount of damage they do. Fun to hunt though.

Nice job so far!

Just curious, how do the wild hogs taste compared to regular pork? Stronger, tougher? Better?? I guess we can count our blessings here that we don't have to deal with them here...yet.

There is hunting for wild boar in Alberta, Osprey. It isn't as marbled as domestic pork; but it is tasty. In fact, my wife prepared a roast to take to a church potluck today. To my everlasting disappointment, none came home.

DrMike":qp1imf6l said:
There is hunting for wild boar in Alberta, Osprey. It isn't as marbled as domestic pork; but it is tasty. In fact, my wife prepared a roast to take to a church potluck today. To my everlasting disappointment, none came home.

Thanks Doc. (y)

Eric,

Looks like you fellas had a great hunt. Nice shooting.

JD338

Congratulations Elijah on a fine buck and those hogs. efw hunting with your children is something that will last with them a life time :wink: Good Job man!!

Blessings,
Dan

I was finally able to get out with a great friend earlier this year to chase some dogs!

Attachments

• 22250.jpg
    22250.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 3,667
  • IMG_0454 Trial.jpg
    IMG_0454 Trial.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3,667
Here is my first kill of the year. I shot it while out testing my Zeiss scope on Sunday. There were several running around and I kept trying to get on them with my 6.5x47L but I wasn't quick enough until this one wondered out about 30 yards to the left of my target. 123 Amax's at 2900fps does a good job.

Attachments

• Jack Rabbit.jpg
    Jack Rabbit.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 3,659
filmjunkie4ever":gr5r2g3p said:
What kind of a scope do you have on your deer slayer there?

I know this isn't related per say but seeing what you've done here made me fish the old Savage 99 .300 Savage out of the cabinet the other day and want to get it ready for this fall. Going to see if I can draw one of those doe tags.

Again good shooting!

Film, sorry about not getting back to you, I just have a Burris FFII 3-9x40 on there. Works great so far!

IdahoCTD":ahxg1r4e said:
Here is my first kill of the year. I shot it while out testing my Zeiss scope on Sunday. There were several running around and I kept trying to get on them with my 6.5x47L but I wasn't quick enough until this one wondered out about 30 yards to the left of my target. 123 Amax's at 2900fps does a good job.

That AMax did the job; it left a broken rabbit in its wake.

I didn't take any pics but my dad and I took out nine prairie dogs with our .223's and 22-250. I posted about it in the 60 gr Partition 22-250 bullet test thread. We were shooting 50 grain ballistic tips, 40 grain varmeggedon b tips and 60 gr partitions. Oh had to double tap one dog, the rest were DRTs.

Wyo7200":1cwjh2dl said:
Oh had to double tap one dog, the rest were DRTs.

Ya' may need more rifle! Those are tough critters. :mrgreen: Good show! It sounds like a grand day.

The .204 barked and the coyote was bitten. Good shot. Was the dog called in? Or was this a deliberate coyote hunt?

I initially opened with a female invitation howl and this guy responded with barks from the swamp to my right shoulder with two other howls further to my left shoulder but never showed. I switched to rabbit distress and this guy was boogying along following the edge of the brush five minutes later but no shot. In the meantime 3 sandhill cranes landed near the fox pro. I switched to coyote pair and some growls and this guy showed up 15 minutes since I last saw him from around the hill on the other side of the woodline 250 yards from me and looked like he was about to step back in the brush any second but was broadside so I let one fly. He spun quite a few times and found him just inside the brush. I was in my buddy's deer blind on stilts so it gave me a nice panaramic vew mius the backside of the hill the dog had skirted around. I need to get back out soon. It was a great evening!

April 2015 Texas Hog Hunt

Me and my buddy took down 6 hogs but only came home with 3 of em...2 of them had been wounded by other hunters and were infected. The other one I hit on a dead run at 300 yards, looked for him for over 2 hours and figured he ran off. We ended up hunting the same area 2 days later and found a flock of buzzards eating on him (there wasn't much left by then).

Dropped this 155 lb boar at around 100 yds. 140 gr AccuBond out of the 280 at 3000 fps. It hits hard. (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)
7159_zpsip6dsh3m.jpg

2015-04-032017.52.42_zpsy0j8mgze.jpg

2015-04-042018.03.54_zpshysnxviu.jpg

Congratulations on the hogs. There sure appear to be plenty of them; they need to be thinned.

Back