2016 Hunting Pictures

04d3a9cbe77a583020d72e774a02411c.jpg

Finally found my bou for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Looks to be a fine animal you harvested. Details on the hunt?

I started a post in hunting. Be warned its a long one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening -
Making another drive-by, as I can't ever seem to find a few moments of me time to collaborate with everyone on here like I used to.
My season is already over, and gotta say it was phenomenal. The usual highs and lows, but I was able to share this year with my family and my boys first big game animal. I left it up to him as to what he wanted to harvest, and he wanted to take his first opportunity. I couldn't be more proud and on opening day no less. Hoyt Defiant Turbo, GoldTip Pierce & ViperTricks - one arrow at 30yds.
Of course there wasn't anyway I was going to start and end my season on the opening day, so had to figure out how to drag it out the entire month. Lots of miles and solo time in the high country.

Wishing everyone good luck!

LDR082716.jpg

MKRFINAL.jpg

Congratulations on a great season! Always good to see you posting.

I filled my first tag on Saturday morning and then spent the rest of the day packing him out. Here are some pictures of the trip.

Attachments

• 2016bull2.jpg
    2016bull2.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 4,889
  • 2016bull5.jpg
    2016bull5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4,889
  • 2016elkhunt7.jpg
    2016elkhunt7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,889
  • 2016elkhunt11.jpg
    2016elkhunt11.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,889
Can't say that I've been terribly successful, but I have "guided" Noah to a reasonable harvest of grouse. Recently, he took a good harvest of grouse (ruffed, blue and Franklin). He is getting to be pretty good at spotting and taking grouse. He enjoys cooking them for his family.

These were grouse from two separate days between snow storms of up to three inches. Now, to get him onto something larger.

Noah took a nice red fox on a recent outing. He plans to have the pelt tanned so he can hang it in his room. Guess this is somewhat bigger than a grouse. However, I don't think he plans on eating it (though he did allow that he would try wolf if we locate one he can shoot).

Very cool pictures Mike.

Noah is a great looking lad. You are doing a great job getting him out there with the birds. I'd imagine it doesn't hurt your pride to have such a good hunter around either.

How's his back? I'd think he should be tough enough for moose quarters :lol:

Back