2024 hunting plans

Africa in May with my wife - Sable, springbok, kudu, nyala, and bushbuck; and
Bear hunting in May with wife - she is still after her first black bear; and
Colorado in Aug/Sept with my daughter - archery antelope for me and archery elk for her; and
Elk and moose hunting Sept/Oct with wife - she is still after her first elk and moose; and
Deer in Nov with wife - she is still after her first deer (mule or whitetail).
And whatever else may fall down in front of me...(of course that fall may be assisted! ;)

Deer, elk, bear here in Washington with over the counter tags. IF bear hunting isn't outlawed.

Hoping to hunt cow elk again in Oregon about January as well.

Birds... Chukar & pheasant. Maybe an occasional quail. :)

Guy

Deer in Alabama this season. A good friend with almost 800 acres made this possible. I wish Elk was still possible but Elevation according to my Doc is a no no. Ducks in Florida. (good hunting) Too damn cold for Deer in Maine:rolleyes: (The Doc told me I've been living in Florida too long)

I will likely hunt turkey with a handgun soon here in Wyoming.
I will apply for antelope, mule deer, and elk (Cow), and I will probably buy some over the counter whitetail doe tags as well.
Add to that some coyote hunting and prairie dog shooting.
I have already taken a hog this year and a red and gray fox-All at night in TX.

I maybe have to pass hunting big game this year until my meats runs lower in my garage freezer, still have that processed young black angus steer, and two cow nilgai. Might be a while, maybe I'll look into an exotic hunt like Axis deer, I'll make some room for a deer. Time to get the GA Precision 6.5 x 284 dusted off using 143 ELD-X and draw its first blood.

Last edited:
I maybe have to pass hunting big game hunting this year until my meats runs lower in my garage freezer, still have that processed young black angus steer, and two cow nilgais. Might be a while, maybe I'll look into an exotic hunt like Axis deer, I'll make some room for a deer. Time to get the GA Precision 6.5 x 284 dusted off using 143 ELD-X and draw its first blood.
That's why I skipped elk hunting last fall. Got one in January 2023, not seriously hunting them again until Jan 2025. Still have an awful lot of deer and elk in the freezer. No need for more. I will go for deer this fall though. :)

Guy

Last edited:
Africa in May with my wife - Sable, springbok, kudu, nyala, and bushbuck; and
Bear hunting in May with wife - she is still after her first black bear; and
Colorado in Aug/Sept with my daughter - archery antelope for me and archery elk for her; and
Elk and moose hunting Sept/Oct with wife - she is still after her first elk and moose; and
Deer in Nov with wife - she is still after her first deer (mule or whitetail).
And whatever else may fall down in front of me...(of course that fall may be assisted! ;)
Dang, you must have a walk in freezer for all that game. Lots of hunting and good luck out there and may you and your wife harvest some nice game.

I'm going to put my kids in for Coues deer in AZ, youth elk, deer and antelope in UT, deer/elk/antelope in OR, points in WY, along with deer, elk (extra cow and bull), and antelope here in ID. As busy as their soccer is I doubt we will get out for bear this spring but I might try to take them after a turkey. If they don't draw Coues deer I might take them to one of the Dakota's for pheasants over Thanksgiving break. Over Christmas I'll drag them to Puerto Rico for iguanas and to Georgia to help my uncle thin his deer herd.

For me I'm putting in for everything in UT, deer/elk/antelope in WY, deer/elk/antelope in OR, and everything I can in ID (deer/extra cow and bull elk/antelope). I might put in for a rut Coues deer hunt in AZ too. Then it's the same MT prairie dog trip, possible pheasant or kids Coues deer hunt, and Puerto Rico/Georgia trip. I'm going to try and get as much bird hunting in with the kids as possible as well. My 1yo lab puppy is doing pretty well and got the hang of pheasants pretty good last year. She still needs some work with ducks but my buddies dog is well seasoned and didn't give my pup much of a chance last season, she was only 6-8 months old then. I get a new Drahthaar puppy next month as well. It will be nice to have a pointing dog along with my lab. Everyone tells me once I get a Drahthaar I'll never own another lab so I'll get to see if they are right. I've had 5 labs.

I'm going to put my kids in for Coues deer in AZ, youth elk, deer and antelope in UT, deer/elk/antelope in OR, points in WY, along with deer, elk (extra cow and bull), and antelope here in ID. As busy as their soccer is I doubt we will get out for bear this spring but I might try to take them after a turkey. If they don't draw Coues deer I might take them to one of the Dakota's for pheasants over Thanksgiving break. Over Christmas I'll drag them to Puerto Rico for iguanas and to Georgia to help my uncle thin his deer herd.

For me I'm putting in for everything in UT, deer/elk/antelope in WY, deer/elk/antelope in OR, and everything I can in ID (deer/extra cow and bull elk/antelope). I might put in for a rut Coues deer hunt in AZ too. Then it's the same MT prairie dog trip, possible pheasant or kids Coues deer hunt, and Puerto Rico/Georgia trip. I'm going to try and get as much bird hunting in with the kids as possible as well. My 1yo lab puppy is doing pretty well and got the hang of pheasants pretty good last year. She still needs some work with ducks but my buddies dog is well seasoned and didn't give my pup much of a chance last season, she was only 6-8 months old then. I get a new Drahthaar puppy next month as well. It will be nice to have a pointing dog along with my lab. Everyone tells me once I get a Drahthaar I'll never own another lab so I'll get to see if they are right. I've had 5 labs.
Wow , that a busy hunting schedule. Good luck on the new puppy.

Back