Found it. LIGHT WEIGHT

CZ

Handloader
Jun 21, 2007
For a long time tried to get a rifle I sold many years ago, found it again. Its a REm 600 cal. 308 rifle. The rifle I had, made submoa groups with a good dose of imr 4895, its handy, compact,lightweight, shoots straight. Limitations, yes it has but whatever standing to 500 mts its dead. Have long range rifles, but this type of rifles just get me out of my mind.
You see a trend toward very fast rounds, long range shooting big scopes, new rounds and not too new..... but this are hunting rifles par excelence.
Rem600 factory serial 8xxx, excellent old trigger and I say excelent in a factory rifle, and a 4x compact scope with very very low leupold rings.
the other my custom Rem700 blueprinted, lilja barreled, Hi tech stock glassbedded, cerakote all the way, and a leupold 6x scope.

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 689
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 689
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 689
Both of those look like awesome hunting rifles CZ. I do like the 308. Might be getting time to get one of them...

The .308 is one excellent cartridge, without a doubt. Chambered in a Model 600, it is most desirable. Great that you found it, CZ!

thanks for your opinions well respected from hunters and well known riflemen, those lil rifles are plain old good killers I have a model 7 but like much better this mod.600, and for sure has an outstanding trigger it has a 2 lever design sear that makes it a very sensible and good trigger. Im getting old and like the crabs walking all the way around maybe just find a plain old Winchester mod. 70 pre64 featherweight and sell all the other stuff, hihi.

Those are 2 very nice rifles and the Model 600 is very much time tested (y).
Congratulations on your find.

Blessings,
Dan

That was the first center fire rifle I bought for myself back in 83.
I shot a lot of game with it over the years and it got used by nearly everyone in the family at some point.
Traded it off to my boss 5 years ago when I got bit by the 7STW bug.
Everyone needs at least 2 308s in the safe.

Back