M70 7x57 Featherweight

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
I have wanted one of these for years. I remember when they came out and then they only made 250 for Cabelas and 250 without the Cabelas stuff on it. I ended up grabbing the Cabelas version.

Has a couple knicks in the stock but otherwise decent.

Should be a fun one to get warmed up. I have a nice 6x S&B I believe will find its way on top.

Last edited:
The perfect rifle for hunting big WT deer in the woods and cedar swamps. Nice rifle for sure.

JD338

I have wanted one of these for years. I remember when they came out and then they only made 250 for Cabelas and 250 without the Cabelas stuff on it. I ended up grabbing the Cabelas version.

Should be a fun one to get warmed up. I have a nice 6x S&B I believe will find its way on top.
How can you go rong with a Model 70 CRF

Awesome, get it punched out to 280 AI and it will be perfect!

I kid, really nice rifle and the 7x57 has the cool factor off the charts.

Wow, very nice, Scotty!
What twist rate are those rifles? Some Hammers would be awesome in that rifle.

Looks like that tree has been busy lately , another nice grab.

I'm currently running 150 gr. Nosler Partitions over 48.5 gr. RL17 for some really good velocity and accuracy. My M70 7x57 is the push feed XTR. IIRC, velocity is around 2850 FPS. For the record, I've been working with 7-08 data. Brass life has been good with seven times reloaded so far and primer pockets still tight.

Next round will be trials with the 160 gr. Speer Hot Cores as I have quite a few of those on hand.
Paul B.

Last edited:
Back