Nosler Custom Competiton

Guybo

Handloader
Aug 4, 2005
Do any of you guys shoot the custom competition bullets and if so what is your overall opinion of them? How do they compare to other match bullets? I want to work up a load for my Rem 700P .308 to shoot targets out to 400 - 500yds and am looking at the 155gr & 168gr HPBT. Thank You!

I've shot the CC in several loads developed for customers. I find them to be an excellent target bullet. My work has primarily been with the 308 using the 168 grain. I did work up some fine loads with that bullet.

I've used those exact bullets, the 155 and the 168 Nosler, in my .308 match rifle.

My scores at 600 yards were identical to the scores I shot with Sierras, and eventually became better, but I think that was due to my skills improving. Near as I could tell, the Noslers shot just as well as the Sierras, Bergers and Hornady match bullets I've used.

Regards, Guy

I use them and the Sierra MK, all in 168 gr.in my .308, if there is a difference, I can't see it.

Thanks fellows I appreciate the feedback. I think im going to order up a couple boxes and give em a try. Again, thanks! Mike

I sent this to Guybo in a PM, but for general info, if anyone is interested in precision handloads for the .308 Win, this article really should be read:

http://www.6mmbr.com/308Win.html

And Guybo - don't dismiss the 175's either, they work just fine from the 1:12 twist barrel.

Regards, Guy

Guy
Thanks for that info, I printed it for reference. I was surprised to see that the Nosler CC 168, was not mentioned. I have not done enough target work with my 308 to have determined a difference between the two. I have determined that my .308 does not like full loads. of Varget, 44.5 grains of is "its" favorite. RL- 15 loading is similar.

Guy Miner":17qig0w7 said:
I sent this to Guybo in a PM, but for general info, if anyone is interested in precision handloads for the .308 Win, this article really should be read:

http://www.6mmbr.com/308Win.html

And Guybo - don't dismiss the 175's either, they work just fine from the 1:12 twist barrel.

Regards, Guy

I'll check out the 175's as well and thanks for the website i added it to my favorites, that's some good information!

Elkman":1f3rlga7 said:
Guy
Thanks for that info, I printed it for reference. I was surprised to see that the Nosler CC 168, was not mentioned. I have not done enough target work with my 308 to have determined a difference between the two. I have determined that my .308 does not like full loads. of Varget, 44.5 grains of is "its" favorite. RL- 15 loading is similar.

Elkman - that article was written quite a while ago, maybe 10 years? My small contribution to it was a little bit of hunting bullet info. As I recall, Nosler's Custom Competition bullets hadn't really been widely accepted by the target shooting community at that point. They were fairly new in a market that had been dominated for decades by Sierra.

Even today, here in the Pacific Northwest there are a lot of Nosler shooters, but I think overall, most NRA High Power competitors still use Sierra Matchkings. They don't own that market as they did in the past, but they're still the favorite by a wide margin from what I understand.

If it hadn't been for two friends and fellow competitors who introduced me to the Nosler comp bullets, I probably wouldn't have tried them, as I was so happy with the Sierra Matchkings.

Regards, Guy

Run the 80 Gr CCs in my 1/8 22-250.
This is a 200 yd target.
Shot at 12:00 was a sighter. Took one click off elevation turret and shot the next 4

G'Day Fella's,

Guybo, I shoot in particular, the Nosler .308" 155grn CC bullets thru my Rem 700 .308Win rifle!
I'm over the Moon with the way they shoot (see attached), as I'm no bench rest shooter and even I can do this!
018.JPG
That's 5 shots at 100 meters (110 Yards)
FYI, I Moly coated these bullets myself. To the best of my knowledge, Nosler don't offer this option?
I have a http://www.sinclairsintl.com Bullet Comparator and the thing I noticed about the above and other Nosler CC bullets is, even when you buy a box of 1000 of them, they are all identical!
Which means they were all made on the same machine!

FYI, I recently purchased a single box of 500 6.5mm Sierra Match Kings, and whilst 498 were from the same batch, they through in two from another batch, to get it up to 500 bullets!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

I shoot the 155 CCs out of my 30-06 for most of my shooting through the year, then I switch to hunting bullets when needed. I find the CCs to be very easy to load for with excellent results. This group is only at 100 yards, and I commonly use this combination to test how I'm shooting my 30-06 that day.

9f94ea418efdd9cafc68e16e7a753b26_zps8883c0ac.jpg

With that kind of accuracy I'm wondering how they would perform on antelope and coues deer at 300 to 600 Yards?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

G'Day Fella's,

Nice shootin Joel, that's one accurate rifle ammo combination!

Doh!
Homer

Back