Ok, since you guys don't like meatballs.....

Obviously there are not a bunch of culinary giants on this site :lol: I guess I will just kill some meat, cook it over a campfire and eat it off of a stick. :roll:

Long

I'll try to supply you with a good crawfish etoufee recipe tomorrow if I have the opportunity. that still falls into the wild game catagory doesn't it?

Long, heres my stew dish: Cut the deer meat into 1" cubes. Dust with flour that has garlic salt and pepper mixed in. I use EVOO and fry untill brown. I then put the meat into the crock pot. With the pan and all the yummy's on the bottom, I put a pat of butter. When melted I add red wine to deglaze the bottom. Once the yummy's are off the bottom it goes into the pot also. This is the thicking liquid. In goes a can of chicken broth and the cut up carrots, patatoes, onions and celery. Cook in the crock pot over night in low and the next morning it s good to go. It freezes well too.
Russ

I do a couple kinds of venison stews, here is one, more of a lite stew rather than a gravy type. A person might even consider it a soup. Venison stew meat browned. 1 qt stewed tomatos, 1 can beer, 1 qt beef broth, one large onion chopped and sauteed, 2 cups carrots, about 4 cups small whole potatoes, garlic salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Let it simmer for about 1 hour (I use a cast iron dutch oven). Then make dumplings and add to the top. Put the lid on and simmer until the dumplings are done. The only problem is I can never make enough dumplings.

Long

Back