Ordered it!---Rem 700 CDL SF 257 Bob?

balew6254

Beginner
Oct 9, 2010
I wasn't looking for a rifle this year, but I noticed that Remington has a $100.00 rebate on select rifles, to include the CDL SF Limited Edition 257 Roberts. I found them from online dealers that will cost me around $880.00 Including shipping and FFL transfer fees. This brings total cost to about $780.00 after the rebate.

It will be a good rifle to shoot and not wear out the Mauser 257 Bob I inherited from my dad. I might even have it rechambered to 257 AI after shooting it a bit. I always liked the 25 caliber rounds and certainly wouldn't mind having 2 in my collection that don't have a lot of recoil for these old shoulders. My right one has been operated on twice so i don't like abusing it too much, although I do shoot my 375 H&H's occasionally.

Talk me into or out of it!

Bruce

Update, 10/27/2010
Well guys, I couldn't fight my RADD and ordered it last night. Should have it by next Friday. Will post photo's after I pick it up. I'm thinking of a Leupold 6x42, but will probably put a Conquest 3x9 or an older Leupold 2.5x8 on it from one of my other rifles for load development.

Bruce

Bruce,

Congratulations on the nice find!
The 257 Roberts is a sweet shooting round with plenty of power for deer sized game.

I have a M700 Classic 257 Roberts, she is a shooter. I have also shot te 257 AI, it has a lot of cool factor!

JD338

Bruce -
As the owner of two Remington LE "bobs", one Rugar hawkeye bob and one AI, I applaud your taste! :) Love shooting them and hunting deer with them. Will you use the barrel on the LE and just have it rechambered or are you going to screw on a new tube after you play with the standard chambering?

Bruce,

I have one of the Remington CDL SF Limited Edition 257 Roberts. It is a handsome rifle, to be certain. I haven't worked with it as much as it deserves yet. It is on my "to do" list.

Thanks for the input Guys,
I haven't ordered it yet, but with you all singing Bob praises, and the affection I have for the one I inherited, I am leaning strongly towards ordering it. I'll send email to verify availability from the two vendors I found. Worst comes to worse, I'm seeing them on the auction sites for $50 to $80 more, so there quite a few of the leftover Limited Editions from 2009 available now.

I will keep it in the standard chambering until the 2 year factory warranty is up. If the barrel is a good one, I will probably just have it rechambered to the AI version. If not, I'll put a new barrel.

Any other thoughts and input are appreciated.

Bruce

Bruce, I am debating getting a new Remington and/or Ruger since they both have some decent deals right now. That CDL SF is one really nice rifle, and the 100.00 rebate doesn't hurt anything either. I am going to head to the PX in a day or two and see what their prices are on the rifles. If they are decent, I will order something I believe. I have already downloaded the rebate form. I like the CDL's alot. Very nice rifles and my CDL Whelen is a shooter. Good luck with our sickness, I hope you find some relief! Scotty

Yup that is surely a nice gun. Always liked the BOB.

Let us know how she shoots.

I succumbed to RADD as I mentioned in Scotty's thread about his new 25-06. Ordered the 257 Roberts yesterday so I will have a new rifle within reach to work up loads for. Thanks for the advice, guess I didn't need much encouragement to get this one. Chalk another one up to RADD.

Bruce

Back