Almost Springbok slam

Divernhunter

Handloader
Apr 1, 2009
Well I almost did a Springbok slam but did not finish it.
Two reasons---First the copper is too much money and Two it looks too much like a Common Springbok to me to pay the amount wanted for it.
I do not NEED a slam anyway. I got the Common, Black and White which are the ones I like anyway.

Attachments

• Black Springbok.JPG
    Black Springbok.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 1,936
  • Common Springbok.JPG
    Common Springbok.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 1,936
  • White Springbok.JPG
    White Springbok.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 1,936
Here is a Common Springbok I took on my 2013 trip with the same people---Iliwa Safaris---and I highly recommend them.
Photos of it in the field and on the wall

Attachments

• DSC_0203.JPG
    DSC_0203.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 1,933
  • Africa trip 848.jpg
    Africa trip 848.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,933
Congratulations. Good looking trio. That is still an accomplishment you can be proud to have earned.

They are beautiful, I can only dream of a hunt like that :wink:. I am sure looking forward to Gil and Susan's upcoming hunt. I know that Gil will be taking lots of photos and will have a number of good hunting tales(y).

Blessings,
Dan

Thank you for the kind words. Yes spending a month in South Africa was great and I will always remember the hunting as well as the other stuff I did and saw. The rugby game was fun and I enjoyed the game auction we went to also for example.
Measured the Black Springbok yesterday and it looks like it will be SCI Gold #30. I am a happy camper. I do not hunt for book animals. I hunt for ones I like to look at especially on my wall and in photos. However it is nice when they look good and make book.

Back