Bob +P w/ 110 AB & Hunter or Magnum?

efw

Handloader
Jan 17, 2011
Anyone done anything w/ these combos?

I just finished a build and would like to try it out along w/ the 100 gr NBT.

No, but I need to. I have all the components and simply have neglected my Bob for far too long. :oops: Perhaps your post will stimulate me to get on the ball.

Aye, Sergeant! :shock: Begging the Sergeant's pardon, may I continue working on my moose loads for this coming month as well. :grin:

Hunter and Magnum require charges of powder greater than the case capacity to get top performance from the Bob. If you would be satisfied with less than 3000 fps with the 110 AccuBond then these two powders may work in your rifle. Who knows. MRP, Reloder 22, 7828, or Reloder 17 are better prospects. My rifle is partial to Reloder 22 and the 110 AccuBond at around 3080 fps.

I wish that I knew what powder and load Nosler uses in their 110 AB factory load? I get 3140 fps muzzle velocity with this factory loading in my .257 Roberts (with no AI)!

Oldtrader3":21cgta7l said:
I wish that I knew what powder and load Nosler uses in their 110 AB factory load? I get 3140 fps muzzle velocity with this factory loading in my .257 Roberts (with no AI)!

That is a very enviable velocity I will never see that out of my 20" tubed Fwt though.

I have not tried Hunter or Magnum with the 257Roberts.

I have experienced decent results using 48.0gr of RL-19 @ 3025fps and 47.5gr of RL-22 @ 2950fps. Best results with the 110gr AB though is with 45.0gr of IMR-4350 @ 2940fps. I plan on toying with seating depths with all three of these loads as their accuracy is worthy and can hopefully be improved. As far as velocity goes, I have no doubts as to whether a deer or black bear will quickly succumb to a well placed AB at these speeds.

Charlie, I bet if you called Nosler, they might tell you which powder they use.

Scotty, I think that I will call Nosler and ask about that powder. Often it is one not available to the public though.

Worth a shot though. They were good to pass the info for the 264 Win Mag powder along.

I would not be surprised to discover that Nosler is using canister powders in bulk.

Doc you need to get on the ball indeed! ;)

Bruce MC what you got going w/ RL22 & IMR-7828 w/ the 110 NAB? I understand what you're saying about Magnum, but Hunter is faster (a tad slower than RL19) than either of those above and spherical allowing higher load density than "logs." I have had exceptional results w/ it in the Better Bob. Even so, I am very interested to hear what you have gotten fps-wise w/ those 2 as I have both.

Screaming Eagle PM for data on the Better Bob. I have done a little work w/ Ramshot & that cartridge & a lot w/ other powders. It's a favorite of mine!

CC- thanks for those loads of IMR-4350 (the powder I intend to start with) and RL-22. I'll try em!

Thanks again all! I used to just email Johan Loubser, their lead ballistician, and he'd get back to me w/ the data I needed but he hasn't answered my last couple of notes. Bigger fish to fry I am sure!

This is for a brand new custom for which I am awaiting rings and then I'll take her on her virgin shoot w/ camera & test loads and put up a report in "rifles"! SO EXCITED!!!!

What is Mr. Loubser's email? I would like to ask him about what is the 110 +P, .257 Roberts powder that they are using in their factory loads?

Eric

I am loading RL 22 with the 110 gr AB in the 257 Bob. MV is 2970 fps and sub MOA accuracy.

JD338

Oldtrader3":2is44meg said:
What is Mr. Loubser's email? I would like to ask him about what is the 110 +P, .257 Roberts powder that they are using in their factory loads?

Johan is with Ramshot, not Nosler. Sorry!

JD338":22uc1zlr said:
Eric

I am loading RL 22 with the 110 gr AB in the 257 Bob. MV is 2970 fps and sub MOA accuracy.

JD338

Nice Jim! Would you PM me your load?

Back