INTRODUCING Accubond Long Range

Well, yeah, I'm waiting on more of Mike's beautiful photo work on them...

That 168 or 175 should work nicely in my 7mm-300wby! I'm running 160gr accubonds at 3400 now! The 150s in .277 will get a good workout in my new tikka 270 win also! When will these hit the shelves?!

Looks dark grey in the picture but maybe they can make it hot pink or purple or something like that :shock:

I would like to see a high BC 257 cal. To my knowledge there are none from major manufacturers.

FOTIS":2bhoixyi said:
I would like to see a high BC 257 cal. To my knowledge there are none from major manufacturers.

Thats because its really hard to do much with the 257's...the twist is too slow to make the bullets any longer, blame it on Remington for not going with a 1-9" as the standard twist...or maybe it was Niedners fault, or Newtons...or a combination thereof.

The 257 Weatherby is another monster though...it could likely make use of longer bullets because of its velocity, but its all alone there...probably not a whole lot of demand, but a high BC bullet would give the 257 Bee new meaning.

I was overlooking the 257 Bee until just now...had the 25-06 on my mind. :mrgreen:

On a similar note...there are a lot of fast twist 6mm builds out there these days...a 115 grain 6mm bullet would likely get some attention too.

Interesting, looks like a Berger hybrid profile with a polymer tip on it. Looking forward to seeing the proven bc values. any price projections?

Ridgerunner665":1fjw1hxa said:
I was overlooking the 257 Bee until just now...had the 25-06 on my mind. :mrgreen:

Not me! I haven't run the numbers, but I was hoping my 700 in .257 Weatherby would spin therm quick enough.

If they make a 25 caliber 120/125 weight bullet I have no problem rebarreling my 2506 with a 1/9 twist barrel and chambering for a 2506AI :mrgreen:

I'm assuming that the advertised BC are generated with a BC calculator?
Next question is about the manufacturing process. Is it in line with Nosler normal mode, and bullets weight sorted, or will they be made more in line to say Bergers process? With exceptionally tight QC? The reason I ask is with long range these things are important to me. I know with Bergers, Matrix bullets that weight, runs within .1gr, Bearing surface, Ojive, and Boat tail are withing a few thousands, the length at the meplate being inconsistent due to manufacturing realities.

Hi Joe and welcome to the forum!

It will be interesting to see how these new long-range Accubonds perform at the range and in the field.

I've used the Bergers a fair bit, both at the target range and in the field and was favorably impressed. Have also been using Noslers for a long time, decades, and they've done well for me in NRA Highpower matches as well as in the hunting field. I know Nosler can build a fine and accurate bullet.

Looking forward to trying these, particularly at 600 yards and beyond.

Regards, Guy

Joe,

Welcome to the forum. You're asking some good questions, and I'm certain the ALRs will be wrung out by knowledgeable people pretty quickly once they are available. I would expect that Nosler will provide a good product that is competitive. They are making quite an investment, and they really can't afford to present it on the cheap.

Guy Miner":26lw7cl4 said:
Hi Joe and welcome to the forum!

It will be interesting to see how these new long-range Accubonds perform at the range and in the field.

I've used the Bergers a fair bit, both at the target range and in the field and was favorably impressed. Have also been using Noslers for a long time, decades, and they've done well for me in NRA Highpower matches as well as in the hunting field. I know Nosler can build a fine and accurate bullet.

Looking forward to trying these, particularly at 600 yards and beyond.

Regards, Guy

DrMike

Post subject: Re: INTRODUCING AccuBond Long Range Reply with quote
Joe,

Welcome to the forum. You're asking some good questions, and I'm certain the ALRs will be wrung out by knowledgeable people pretty quickly once they are available. I would expect that Nosler will provide a good product that is competitive. They are making quite an investment, and they really can't afford to present it on the cheap.

I have been using Noslers for a lot of years as well, Partition is the only bullet my 270 sees :wink: 140gr AB for my daughters 7mm-08 works well. When the game turns to long rage though the stakes get upped a bit, and tolerances become more important (to me anyway), I don't shoot competition, what I try to do is put that 1st round on target at what ever distance my system (myself being part of that) is capable of.

I applaud that Nosler has taken note of the recent trends of long range and they've obviously realized that with tools available to us now that making predictable hits at ever extending ranges has been....well it's at levels never seen before at a scale bigger than ever before. Just like every body else my hopes are up that these new bullets will meet current standards for LR game bullets.

We are happy to see that everyone is so excited about these bullets, we are very excited too!

The AccuBond-LR bullets will be available in stores by the end of March 2013.

We designed this year's offerings to stabilize in standard twist rate barrels when loaded to standard book velocities, hence the 6.5mm 129gr. We determined that a 140gr would be too long to stabilize in standard twist barrels. We will consider offering longer, heavier designs intended for faster-than-standard twist barrels in the future.

Keep in mind, this is just our initial offering and we will be expanding the line in the future. If we aren't yet offering the weight or caliber that you want, let us know as we do take your requests into account when designing new products.

Thanks for the heads up Mason. I'm thinking a .30 cal 150-168 grainer for the 308 Win and 30-06. Maybe something in the 100-105 grains for us 6mm/243 shooters. And how about a 458 cal 300 AB LR to replace the greatly missed 300 PT??? :mrgreen:

Mason,
I would think that a 6mm (just for you David), .257", and a .338" addition would make a lot of people happy. I think you got most of the LR hunter covered already with the line up that you just announced. I would think that the .338 would have the highest demand out of what wasn't covered by this first offering. I would shoot 225-250 gr .338 ALR by the truck loads!

I think I have enough to keep me busy for a while though with the .277 150, and the 7mm 168.

I spent some time on a few other forums lastnight, and it seems like Nosler has generated a lot of buzz with the ALR. Seems a lot of people have been waiting for something like this for a long time. I was a bit shocked that a very large portion of the comments were about the .277 150 ALR.

Looks like you guys are giving some of "grandpas" calibers some new life.

Great job!

jmad_81":1c0cykns said:
Mason,
I would think that a 6mm (just for you David), .257", and a .338" addition would make a lot of people happy. I think you got most of the LR hunter covered already with the line up that you just announced. I would think that the .338 would have the highest demand out of what wasn't covered by this first offering. I would shoot 225-250 gr .338 ALR by the truck loads!

I think I have enough to keep me busy for a while though with the .277 150, and the 7mm 168.

I spent some time on a few other forums lastnight, and it seems like Nosler has generated a lot of buzz with the ALR. Seems a lot of people have been waiting for something like this for a long time. I was a bit shocked that a very large portion of the comments were about the .277 150 ALR.

Looks like you guys are giving some of "grandpas" calibers some new life.

Great job!

I forgot about the 338 225-250 gr! We talked about that for a few text last night. I will second breathing new life into the 270 cal. May even play with the 150s in my 270 Win.

Back