Pizza crust recipe

longwinters

Handloader
Oct 10, 2004
I am on a quest for a great Chicago Pizza dough recipe. I have the cheese, toppings etc... down cold. Just need the right dough recipe.

Any really good ones out there?

Long

Long,

I can't help you with the recipe. The best Deep Dish is Gino's Pizza in Chicago and the best thin crust is Congress Pizza, Ishpeming, MI.

JD338

JD,

I ate a lot of Gino's while at college in Deerfield Ill. Some years back we visited the "windy city" and went to Pizzaria Due and Lou Malnati's. Uno's pizza is also a main stay of Chicago Deep Dish.

Uno's is now franchizing and has a restaurant in Appleton (about 2.5 hours south of us). Ate there this last weekend.

So the mission goes on.....

Long

Here you go Longwinters (it's a thin crust):
:grin: 1 pkg. fast rise yeast
:grin: 1 cup hot tap water
:grin: 3 tbl. spoons olive oil
:grin: 2 cups flour

:grin: Dissolve yeast in hot water
:grin: Add flour
:grin: Add extra flour (1/4 - 1/2 cup) until dough isn't sticky
:grin: Lay it out on your pizza tray
:grin: Add your favourite sauce & toppings
(lots of mozz. cheese :!: )
:grin: Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes

:wink: Simple to make & tastes great. Enjoy.

Bobby,

Thanks for the recipe. Thin, cracker type crust, pizza is king around here. And with thin crust pizza like your recipe it is funny how simple is always better. In fact, I will probably have to try your recipe this weekend.

Long

longwinters":c1b5a23k said:
Bobby,

Thanks for the recipe. Thin, cracker type crust, pizza is king around here. And with thin crust pizza like your recipe it is funny how simple is always better. In fact, I will probably have to try your recipe this weekend.

Long

Long,

Can I order one for delivery? I will be in Moran. :grin:

Double cheese, peperoni, ham, onion, mushrooms, banana peppers, black olives and anchovies please. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JD338

Anchovies :) Never been there or done that. I thought maybe you'd want some smoked trout from Brevort on it :lol:

I am surprised you are not turkey hunting. Over in Iron River they got 15" of snow Mon-tues. We only got 3-4". Course there are not many turkeys over that way. But the snow helps keep the woodticks down.

Long

Long,

Smoked Trout, Whitefish, Suckers...... they all work for me!
Late Turkey season, starting May 4.

JD338

MMMmmm... Bacon Cheeseburger (venison).... BBQ chicken with lottsa onions and jalapenos....

Cant wait to try the crust recipe either. The bag mix from the grocery store just dont cut it....

JD, I was pretty satisfied with the pies from that joint by Rite Aid, north of D&W... Cant think of the name to save my life..

Back