Who wants to spend some of my money? :)

Oldtrader3":19n0041r said:
Natches is listing some VX-7's in stock (B&C reticle) for $1000.

Didn't find them, but I did find them listing the VX6 2-12x42, which is about PERFECT. Price listed was $899.99. I signed up for a notification when they are in stock. I may call Leupold. If that price stands and they will be out by mid-September, I'll wait for the -6.

DrMike":1czls9i0 said:
Tom,

I just ordered a VX6 2-12 X 42 this afternoon. I should be one of the first in the Great Frozen North to lay my paws on this newer scope. The VX7 scopes in stock at Natchez are here: http://www.natchezss.com/category.c...&catLevel=1&outOfStock=0&orderBy=&startRow=26. However, the German No. 4 reticle is listed at $1,149.99 and the B&C is listed at $1,349.99.

If I knew for sure it'd be out before October, and if I knew for sure it'd be the listed $899.99, I'd wait for it.

Give Leupold a call. I believe this will be a scope worth owning. It was originally scheduled for a June release, I believe.

DrMike":2siue3he said:
Give Leupold a call. I believe this will be a scope worth owning. It was originally scheduled for a June release, I believe.

I think I will call tomorrow. Might go back to looking at Meostars, not sure. I just don't want to wait till too close to the season for it.

Again, there is nothing wrong with the Meostars. If the VX6, however, has glass that is anywhere comparable to the VX7, it will be worth the wait if you can hold out.

Sorry, I looked at the wrong scope. The VX-7, 3.5-14x50, Reticle #4 which they have in stock, is $1149. at Natchez.

That is still a pretty good price, Old Trader. And the German #4 is a good reticle.

tddeangelo":3ikywcsr said:
Oldtrader3":3ikywcsr said:

Didn't find them, but I did find them listing the VX6 2-12x42, which is about PERFECT. Price listed was $899.99. I signed up for a notification when they are in stock. I may call Leupold. If that price stands and they will be out by mid-September, I'll wait for the -6.

That 2x12-42mm sounds like about the perfect scope for. Love that low end and the high end is just about all I would ever want.

Sorry the deal with OP fell through. Hopefully that VX6 is nice one. Can't imagine it won't be spectacular! Scotty

beretzs":37wdhyyi said:
tddeangelo":37wdhyyi said:
Oldtrader3":37wdhyyi said:

That 2x12-42mm sounds like about the perfect scope for. Love that low end and the high end is just about all I would ever want.

Sorry the deal with OP fell through. Hopefully that VX6 is nice one. Can't imagine it won't be spectacular! Scotty

Yeah, I really like the magnification range and the objective size, Scotty. I'm trying to patiently wait for 7:30 Pacific Time so I can call and try to get some insight on the timeline for the VX6. If I'm really lucky (which I'm usually not, lol), they'll come out by the end of July when I have an invite for Cabela's "Friends & Family" event where I get employee pricing.

That should be pretty sweet Tom. Nice to have that range in the scope. Really makes it pretty versatile for just about everything. I love 2 or 2.5 power on the low end of scopes. 10-12 on the high end would be just about perfect for me. Scotty

beretzs":2hb6upua said:
That should be pretty sweet Tom. Nice to have that range in the scope. Really makes it pretty versatile for just about everything. I love 2 or 2.5 power on the low end of scopes. 10-12 on the high end would be just about perfect for me. Scotty

My thoughts, too, plus a 42mm objective isn't as big on the rifle.

A Meostar 4-12x40 is $700. If the VX6 is going to be $900, I may as well wait and see. The Meostar isn't going to be gone by July/August when the -6 is supposedly going to hit the market.

I think the 40mm obj's are just about perfect in looks, for most hunting rifles. Plus, they seem to take a little less abuse to the obj when laid on their sides while glassing and such. Scotty

Alright, for whomever reads this (Doc)....

Good outlets for online orders of optics? I'm putting my name in the hat for a VX6 early, and I'm thinking real hard about an illuminated B&C, but I will call Leupold prior to ordering to be sure of what I want.

I know SWFA is taking orders, Natchez is not. Any suggestions on a good place that won't screw with their customers? I've had about enough of that from Optics Planet, lol.

Unfortunately, I can't order optics from the States, so all my orders go through companies licensed for business here in Canada. I did order a VX6 2-12 X 42 and a Vortex PST 1-4 X 24 yesterday. The Leupold will be here when it arrives in Canada, and not a moment before. The Vortex should be here within a week. I was going to spring for the Vortex Razor (which is also some seriously excellent glass), but opted to take a look at the PST instead. Once I have it, I'll give a quick review.

I have no idea what their pricing is (or will be) for the 6, but I've done business with MidSouth Shooters' Supply for over a decade. They generally have pretty good pricing across the board and sometimes manage some interesting deals that border on lunacy. I can't order from Natchez (I'm in AL and they don't sell to AL/TN/GA because the serve dealers there and have an agreement) but they are generally a pretty good bunch to deal with, from what I hear.

I've not done business with them, but I've spoken with the folks at http://theopticzone.com/ on occasion and they seem friendly and willing to serve. Can't speak to buying anything from them (yet) but they might be worth a call.

dubyam":3vawdq3y said:
I have no idea what their pricing is (or will be) for the 6, but I've done business with MidSouth Shooters' Supply for over a decade. They generally have pretty good pricing across the board and sometimes manage some interesting deals that border on lunacy. I can't order from Natchez (I'm in AL and they don't sell to AL/TN/GA because the serve dealers there and have an agreement) but they are generally a pretty good bunch to deal with, from what I hear.

I've not done business with them, but I've spoken with the folks at http://theopticzone.com/ on occasion and they seem friendly and willing to serve. Can't speak to buying anything from them (yet) but they might be worth a call.

For those interested, MidSouth's price on the VX6 is $827, SWFA's is $899. I should see if SWFA will honor their price match, although I don't know why I'd go to the bother instead of just ordering from MidSouth.

Only hitch is that MidSouth only is taking orders for a standard duplex reticle. SWFA is taking orders for all reticles (duplex, B&C, and illuminated versions of both).

Just an FYI for those following along at home...

I'm kinda surprised there's a price difference, as I thought Leupy had a minimum pricing structure for it's authorized dealers. Maybe authorized is the key word...

BK":5c2a74q5 said:
I'm kinda surprised there's a price difference, as I thought Leupy had a minimum pricing structure for it's authorized dealers. Maybe authorized is the key word...

I agree Kurt, never seen Leupold vary all that much unless it is an hot item that has a ton of stock? Scotty

Guys, what you have to remember is that Leupold has a MAP - Minimum Advertised Price - system in place. They can't legally require a retailer, authorized or not, to sell at a certain price. They can pass along a discount and then require the retailer to discount their "normal selling price" but that's as close as Leupold can come to setting pricing. They can require dealers to adhere to MAP plans, but that doesn't mean those dealers can't sell for less - they just can't advertise it in print.

But, upon a little checking at Leupold's website, MidSouth isn't listed. Hmmm...I'd be calling Leupold first. I suspect MidSouth buys from a wholesaler and doesn't participate in the dealer program with Leupold, and that may affect their ability to advertise that price. I'd ask Leupold specifically what the warranty stipulations are on a scope purchased that way, though I'm sure they won't know when you send it in where you got it...

Back