2012 Hunting Pictures

Congrats, everyone. There have been some very nice animals taken by the members here.

I broke in my M70 .270 yesterday morning:

DSC02288.JPG

DSC02290.JPG

I still have a doe tag left, so the Whelen may get a chance.

Trevor,
Congrats! What a beautiful rifle and caliber! The FN Super Grades have some really fine wood lately and the bluing is top notch. My daughter's 270 SG has a lot of character like yours and will put three 140 ABs under an inch with the help of RL 22. Now I just have to find another pretty one for my boy!
Joe

Here is a couple of picture of my 2012 whitetail.........used a custom 7-300 Win mag and 160 Accubonds!!!! Shot was a whole 80 yards!!! Caught him chasing a doe in heat and a couple of grunts and he came running back to see what all the fuss was about...... :grin:

This was the third buck of this caliber that I saw that day the other two were a 150 class 5x5 typical and a 160 class non-ypical........the other two were wiser and stayed on property I couldn't get to because of the cattle and farms close by!!!

Attachments

• 2012 buck 3.JPG
    2012 buck 3.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 2,019
  • 2012 buck 2.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 2,018
Nice mature buck. Judging by neck skin folds and body confirmation, he must be at least 6 years old, maybe older?

Yeah he was an older buck for sure!!! His teeeth were worn pretty good and his neck was huge!!!! None the less he will make great Garlic sausage!!!! :grin:

apapro":1qwzxcbl said:
Yeah he was an older buck for sure!!! His teeeth were worn pretty good and his neck was huge!!!! None the less he will make great Garlic sausage!!!! :grin:

That buck is a brute.
Email me some garlic sausage. :mrgreen:

JD338

JD338 thats too funny........but not too many people like my Garlic sausage...........I usually get the butcher to quadruple the amount of Garlic he usually uses!!!! Makes for great camp food or a light snack before a wedding or family gathering!!! 8)

apapro":10gvu1zr said:
Here is a couple of picture of my 2012 whitetail.........used a custom 7-300 Win mag and 160 Accubonds!!!! Shot was a whole 80 yards!!! Caught him chasing a doe in heat and a couple of grunts and he came running back to see what all the fuss was about...... :grin:

This was the third buck of this caliber that I saw that day the other two were a 150 class 5x5 typical and a 160 class non-ypical........the other two were wiser and stayed on property I couldn't get to because of the cattle and farms close by!!!

Good looking buck. Congratulations.

Thanks Guys!! ya he was a big buck, very nice coloring on him too.......he ended up dressing at 135 lbs carcass weight........no head,hide,hocks, etc. He was a real chore getting him in the truck by myself..........hence the reason no kill pics on site!!! :(

apapro":259gh11l said:
He was a real chore getting him in the truck by myself..........hence the reason no kill pics on site!!! :(

Been there; done that. I'm totally sympathetic. We appreciate the picture after the fact, nevertheless.

Back