25-06 Super grade

I could run a rig like that... probably go S&K mounts and a 3.5-10x40, but what you are planning will definitely hunt!

Brian,

Wow, what a beautiful rifle!
The Leupold VX3 4.5-14 is just about perfect too.

Oh man, Scotty is going to flip when he sees this beauty! :mrgreen:

JD338

BK":13580l4p said:
I could run a rig like that... probably go S&K mounts and a 3.5-10x40, but what you are planning will definitely hunt!

I have Three 3.5-10X40 just thinking something differant and I am looking up S&K mounts right now. Brian

Their website is horrible. I wish I was at home, I could snap a few pics of my '06 Featherweight.

BK":c75baqrt said:
Their website is horrible. I wish I was at home, I could snap a few pics of my '06 Featherweight.

I dont care for their site either. If you have those mounts i would like to see them on that Featherweight.

Sorry, man, it's gonna be about three weeks before I'm home again.

BK":qb7f8gv8 said:
Sorry, man, it's gonna be about three weeks before I'm home again.

Thats Ok. We have another 3 months of winter. I just ordered brass, dies and 110 gr accubonds to keep me busy for while.

Brian,

Sweet looking rifle. Yeah, that'll work for antelope. You beat me to it. :grin:

That is a great looking antelope rifle and super wood. I sold my Model 70, .25-06 a few years ago but it was a shooter and I expect yours will be also. I had a 4.5-14x40AO Leupold mounted on it for long range deer and antelope. Tell us how it shoots when you get a chance.

That thing is a beauty! I was going to ask what caliber but when you said 110 gr. Accubonds, the question was answered! :grin: That should be a perfect bullet for the great 25-06. When Scotty and Guy both see this thing you my friend are going to have drool oozing up out of your keyboard! :grin: I must say a 1972 Corvette also. You are killing us here, just killing us!

Must have range reports and more photo's soon Brian! :mrgreen: What powders do you think you plan on trying first? Is that Nosler brass you ordered? Good luck!
David

Beautiful rifle, it should treat you well.

I stumbled across one of these on Gun Broker. I didn't realize that Winchester (FN) chambered the SG in 25-06.

Brian...You holding out on me man???????? :evil:

Where did you score her???????????????????? :mrgreen:

On another note.....
Here Scotty....Scotty......Scotty......Scotty :lol:

BY the way Brian

57 gr of RL 25 gave me 3225 and .43" in my #1B~ :wink:

She's a beauty.

And antelope tastes surprisingly good. I once volunteered to help a buddy cart out an antelope doe with a falling-apart wheelbarrow. Then we cut it up in his garage. I wouldn't recommend using a wheelbarrow as a game cart, but that antelope meat was tasty.

The 4.5-14 VX 3 is exactly what I have on my antelope rig and it is really a good fit. It is not a .25-06, but ballistically similar. I have a .25-.284 built on an old FN mauser action, with a heavy Douglas Premium tube. An absolute tack driver.

I shot my speed goat last year in the neck at 336 yards, because it was quartering towards me and I did not want to demolish the near shoulder. I would not have attempted that shot with many rifles, but this thing just about puts them in the same hole and the scope gives enough magnification to make things work.

This rig is also my favorite hammer for coyotes.

You should have a lot of fun with your super grade.

Back