338 Remington Ultra Mag brass

Norseman

Beginner
May 6, 2006
Nosler folk's,

do you plan on in the near future of supplying Nosler custom brass in 338 Remington Ultra Mag?

What other brass do you plan on releasing in the future?

+1
Nosler, please add me to the list for 338 RUM brass.

Regards,

JD338

Well Nosler folk's???????????????????????????????????????????????

It sure would be dandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

Norseman, I suspect it's going to be a while... Their .300 RUM brass is still listed as "out of stock" at the places I've checked, like Grafs. Nor is it even listed for sale yet by Nosler.

Believe the .300 is a more popular cartridge than the .338, so I'd anticipate the .300 stuff coming out long before the bigger bores arrive.

Am very interested in the brass for my .300 RUM though... I doubt Nosler will ever produce their high quality brass in all the cartridges we might like. I see them concentrating on those cartridges most in demand by handloaders, particularly precision-loaders.

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner,

I was hoping that the Nosler boy's in Bend, Oregon would respond. Yes it is perhap's true that the 300 R.U.M is more popular then the 338 R.U.M, but most of the people I know that reload their 300 R.U.M use Lapua or is it Norma brass instead of Remington due to Remington poor quality control.
:roll:

I might even just rechamber my barrel to 338/300 R.U.M so I could use higher quality brass unless Nosler comes out with a 338 R.U.M before the end of the summer.

Wow - Is Remington brass for the .338 RUM that bad? :shock:

Agree that really nice brass is well worthwhile - I use Lapua for my best LR loads for my .308 Win.

Regards, Guy

Nosler,
can you hepl me as well as other 338 R.U.M owner's and reloader's???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/ :(

Nosler,
can you help me as well as other 338 R.U.M owner's and reloader's???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/ :(

I am very sorry that it took so long for us to reply. We do not have firm plans to produce 338 RUM brass at this time. As far as what will be added to the product line next year, I am afraid that we will have to wait and see. I will pass on the demand for the 338 RUM brass.

Nosler3

Nosler3,

Thanks for the reply. The demand for 338 RUM brass is much larger than what you are seeing here. You will have no problem selling 338 RUM brass!

JD338

It will be hard for the decision makers to ignore a request like this. It will be interesting to see what is offered in our brass line next year. Are there any other suggestions for brass?

Nosler3,

Here are a few suggestions for you.
338 RUM

225 Win (for the 6.5 JDJ crowd)
257 Roberts
44 Rem Mag
45-70

Regards,

JD338

Hell, I (and countless others) would be happy if the 300 RUM brass that was supposed to be available many months ago got here before my hair turned gray and fell out. Screw you 338 users...you'll just have to rechamber to Edge. :lol:

Jon A":2aqnblf1 said:
Screw you 338 users...you'll just have to rechamber to Edge. :lol:

I am planning on a 338 Edge. :wink: ]

JD338

Thank you for the plans to produce some high quality 338 RUM brass. You have made my M700 SenderoSF and I very happy; and yes, Remington brass has inconsistent wall thickness.

Nosler3":2va3k65g said:
It will be hard for the decision makers to ignore a request like this. It will be interesting to see what is offered in our brass line next year.

Nosler,

Any word yet on 300 RUM and 338 RUM brass?

JD338

Back